- Karpoorathattu is used in all the rituals and functions to perform the arthi to the God. It plays an important part in the temples and home.
- This is made of Brass metal.
- The camphor is placed and lit in the middle of the Karpoorathattu and it is waved in circular fashion to show the gratitude and offerings to the God.
- The flames from the Karpoorathattui is partially touched with the hands and kept on the eyes as a part of the ritual to get positivity.
- The hovering of the hands is used to open the sense of touch and flames are used to open the sense of sight. It gives calmness to the mind.